Welcome to the new Journal of the Ponteland Photographic Society.
The Journal aims to keep PPS members up to date with all that’s new in the photographic world as well as what’s happening in the Society.
The Journal makes use of WordPress in a blog format which allows members to comment or discuss articles already posted. It can be easily updated so items can appear in a more timely fashion than waiting for the monthly newsletter and photographs can now be displayed in full resolution.
This latter point is particularly important in allowing images, for example the detail in screengrabs of Photoshop tutorials, to be viewed at a higher resolution that was possible in the old Newsletter.
The new Journal will replace the existing Newsletter and members will receive a monthly email which will summarise and highlight new items appearing that month, together with a link to take members directly to the new Journal.
We hope this will prove to be a welcome addition to Ponteland Photographic Society’s members electronic communications to help us all to stay in touch!
The Journal allows members to easily comment on any item and this may open up discussion about new techniques and images.
From Veronica, who says “Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the questionnaire.
You will see from the summary that in general you are happy with the overall programme.You have made some suggestions for new initiatives which I will be exploring.
Should you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me”
Seven members returned the questionnaire and the results are summarised as follows:
- Simon Allen
- Tynemouth Evening
- Variety and range of topics.
- Print Competition.
- Members Evenings.
- Visiting Speakers.
- One Shot
- Audio Visual
- Aspects of image manipulation.
- Fine Art Competition.
- Audio Visual.
- Speakers who show only one subject.
- Members Evenings
- Monthly discussion on member interpretation of a given topic.
- More tutorials from Frank.
- Group evening outings to say – Tanfield / Beamish.
More or Less of
- More member involvement.
- More Guest Speakers of the calibre of Simon Allen.
- A review of quality competition entries with structured discussion opportunities.
- Joint evening with another club e.g. History Society.
- Feedback from outings should be combined with another evening.
- Winning member to discuss /explain image and techniques.
- Session on making image suitable for entry to competition..
- Screen calibration.
- Printer calibration
- Club Group Project on a set subject working with others over a few weeks – results to be displayed.
- Care with dates re Guest speakers e.g. close to Christmas and other Bank Holidays
- Investigate possibility of club external studio session.
- Night Out – Curry Night.
- Drink at Diamond after club night.